Please visit our sponsor!

Bookmark and Share

It's The Money Honey!
By Ernest Stewart

"America has the best politicians money can buy." ~~~ Will Rogers

Well, it's official. 2014 was the hottest year on record. It's like I'm having a deja vu all over again. Every year, for the last decade or so, has been the hottest year on record. In fact, the 21st century is the hottest century on record! That's right; 14 of the hottest 15 years on record have occurred this century!

With 97% of all scientists agreeing that human activity is driving global warming (the other 3% are either stupid or being bought by the Koch brothers or their like), you'd think a like number in Congress would agree with science; but if you did, then you'd be horribly wrong.

Despite the evidence, many of America's elected officials have chosen to plug their ears: going lalalalala; I cant hear you; lalalalala -- and ignore what the science says. A shocking number of Republicans (over 56 percent) in the 114th Congress have expressed doubt about the science behind climate change. In fact, 42 out of 50 states have at least one representative who denies climate change science.

Did I mention that last year 170 deniers in the House and Senate had taken in over $63 million from the coal, oil, and gas industries? The 364 non-deniers received only $35 million in fossil fuel contributions. That works out to 131 in House, and 39 in Senate. For example, 2/3rds of the members on the House Committee On Science, Space and Technology deny climate change is happening at all -- whether caused by man or not. 72% of the Rethuglicans in the Senate including its leader, Mitch "The Bitch" McConnell, are climate deniers -- even though the vast majority of Rethuglican voters do believe in climate change!

So, what could explain the right wing's political stance? Like old Will Rogers said a century ago it's the Money Honey!


09-07-1926 ~ 01-09-2015
Thanks for the film!

08-01-1957 ~ 01-10-2015
Thanks for the film!

09-29-1931 ~ 01-11-2015
Thanks for the film!


We get by with a little help from our friends!
So please help us if you can...?


So how do you like Bush Lite so far?
And more importantly, what are you planning on doing about it?

Until the next time, Peace!
(c) 2015 Ernest Stewart a.k.a. Uncle Ernie is an unabashed radical, author, stand-up comic, DJ, actor, political pundit and for 13 years was the managing editor and publisher of Issues & Alibis magazine. Visit me on Facebook. Follow me on Twitter.

The Gross National Debt

Iraq Deaths Estimator

The Animal Rescue Site

View my page on

Issues & Alibis Vol 15 # 03 (c) 01/16/2015