Please visit our sponsor!
So How Do You Like Global Warming So Far?
By Ernest Stewart
"The planet will shake us off like a bad case of fleas!" ~~~ George Carlin
The climate-deniers always fail to see these connections. They always chorus that climate change can't be happening because it's snowing outside. I've got news for these Bozos; it supposed to be snowing; it's winter; the average mean temperature has only gone up a couple of degrees; wait till it goes up a dozen; you won't recognize the Earth. You may recall there used to be herds of dinosaurs roaming Alaska; like Caribou, they migrated south in the winter. In fact, 2014 is turning out to be the hottest year on record -- hotter than the last ten years that were each the hottest year on record. Can you see a trend?
Another one of our current climate change problems is the current massive drought in the West. Once mighty rivers are sending barely a trickle down now. Farmers in central California, where a full quarter of all US food production is grown, are having to spend upwards of a million dollars to dig wells deep enough to get water with which to water their crops. Even then, those reservoirs are losing upwards of 25 feet of depth in a year. Soon, they'll be dry; and what little rain they are receiving only stays in surface water pools; to refill what they're currently draining may take a good steady rain for 10,000 years to replace. I hope you're ready to go on a diet!
Meanwhile in China, Barry gets a meaningless treaty that he waves pretending that it'll make a difference to climate change; it won't! Chinese President Xi Jinping agrees to cap the current surge in greenhouse emissions in China by 2030; until then, it'll continue to climb; whether or not he can get a handle on the surge by then is anybody's guess; so for 16 years, it'll only get worse; and then, they still be using 80% coal for power in the mixture! He pledges to convert the other 20% to renewable energy. Yippie! It's hardly even a baby step of what we need done.
Meanwhile, back in the United Snakes, our corporate masters are trying to get rid of wind turbines and solar power -- so their holdings of coal and gas will remain our only sources of power. Can you guess who's leading the charge to get rid of renewable energy? If you said the Koch Brothers, you win a cookie! Oh, and what about the treaty? Ask the Indians how signing a treaty with us worked out for them. There never was a treaty that we wouldn't bust, e. g., the Kellogg/Briand Pact to end all wars that we signed back in 1928. See how well that worked out?!!?
01-03-1937 ~ 11-14-2014
Thanks for the entertainment!
05-07-1936 ~ 11-17-2014
Thanks for the music!
11-06-1931 ~ 11-19-2014
Thanks for the film!
We get by with a little help from our friends!
So please help us if you can...?
So how do you like Bush Lite so far?
And more importantly, what are you planning on doing about it?
Until the next time, Peace!
(c) 2014 Ernest Stewart a.k.a. Uncle Ernie is an unabashed radical, author, stand-up comic, DJ, actor, political pundit and for 13 years was the managing editor and publisher of Issues & Alibis magazine. Visit me on Facebook. Follow me on Twitter.